For someone like me who travels back and forth from Canada and Hong Kong, Whatsapp is extremely inconvenient. The reason why Whatsapp is so inconvenient and frustrating to use is because you have to verify your account with your phone number. So let's say i have an account registered under my Hong Kong phone number, whenever i change back to my Toronto phone number or change my phone it prompts me for a verification code that is sent via sms text to my Hong Kong Number. Without roaming, I am unable to access that code using my Hong Kong sim card in Canada. The worst thing is, there isn't much of a way around this. I've seen people using apps that generate fake numbers and have to go through countless and complicated step just to receive the text in order to verify their account and use it.
Personally, I used to use Whatsapp a lot. It was my primary way of communication to friends and family. Ever since i couldn't get my verification code and had to create another account I stopped using this app on an often basis. This app is not created for people who travels a lot or lives in multiple countries through the year. Unfortunately, I appear to be one of them and unfortunately for them, many are on the same boat as I am.
After being frustrated from Whatsapp, I realised there are many alternatives to it. And I mean better alternatives. An app which really surprised me on how good it is would be Wechat. Another messenger app with a lot more functions. Unlike Whatsapp, Wechat does not use your phone number to verify your account. It is a lot more convenient to use for someone who travels and it is significantly superior to Whatsapp in my opinion. There are a couple of features which make wechat better for me as a user and i will talk about these features later on in my blogs. So stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment